Rideshare demand tends to grow into the fall when the students are back in session. The fall is the busiest times of the year because of students and families that are back from summer vacation. This is when Lyft and Uber increases their signup bonus to sign up drivers to keep up with demand. The Lyft bonus is also highest in Los Angles, San Diego, San Francisco, Sillicon Valley, Seattle, and Washington DC. Last year, Lyft had a crazy Lyft bonus of $5000 in Los Angeles. Unfortunately, the Lyft bonus is down to more reasonable $850.
Here is the list of the highest Lyft bonus:
|Virginia Beach-Hampton Roads||30||500|
I typically average 3 trips an hour (including Lyft Line), so you can do a calculation in how many hours it may take you to finish the bonus. Click the link below to get your Lyft referral bonus today!
- You can use my Lyft referral link here to sign up for Lyft bonus!
Uber Sign Up Bonus for new Uber Drivers is now $2800!
Update: The new driver Uber Sign Up bonus is as high as $2800 in San Francisco! You can see the post about the Uber sign up bonus here:
The typical Uber sign up bonus for new drivers are often very competitive compared to the Lyft bonus so always consider signing up for Uber after signing up for Lyft. The Uber sign up bonus also requires completing a set numbers of trips in their first 30 days, like the Lyft referral bonus. Make sure to only attempt to drive for one sign up bonus at one time. You may be trying to drive for the Lyft bonus but then not get enough trips for the Uber sign up bonus. The Uber sign up bonus typically pays out in the next statement after you complete the necessary Uber trips.
Is the Lyft Referral Bonus Possible?
I was working almost nonstop this time last year to get a different $1000 Lyft bonus after 50 trips and we only had a week to do it with snow on the ground. You can read more about it here: How I earned $1750 after 50 Lyfts in 21 Hours in 3 days. If I did 50 trips after working my full time job on two weeknights and a full weekday after flying back to Boston on a redeye flight, anyone can do the required number of rides on just weekends alone (3 weekend days for 50 trips, 6 days for 100 trips). I didn’t drive on any rideshare service for the next two weeks because I was still recovering. I wouldn’t recommend driving 100 trips a week as a long term strategy.
If I can get 50 trips between Monday morning and Wednesday night with six feet of snow everywhere while working a full time job on Tuesday and Wednesday, anyone can complete 50-100 trips in 30 days. That is only 3 trips a day. I used to do about 6 trips on weeknights in addition to working all night Friday and Saturday. However, 250 in a month (for two months) is quite a stretch more than this. I would guess that many Lyft drivers who signup for it won’t make it, unless they are already driving full time as a taxi driver or as an Uber driver. That equates to about 70 trips a week, which is pretty much full-time (just short of 40 hours a week).
How do I Signup to be a Lyft Driver?
To signup for Lyft with a Lyft signup bonus, you can use my Lyft referral code here to signup for Lyft!
Here are the requirements for the Lyft referral bonus:
- Lyft Driver Must be 21 and over
- Must have one year of driving history
- Lyft applicant have a car 2004 or newer (some markets may have higher requirements due to local regulations)
Complete Lyft Signup Bonus List:
This list is of the current Lyft bonus as of this posting and subject to change:
|Salt Lake City||30||400||150|
|Virginia Beach-Hampton Roads||30||500||200|
To sign up, you can use my Lyft referral code here to signup for Lyft!
*Lyft bonus amounts and ride requirements may vary in this region depending on the code used to start a driver application. Please Contact Us for details about your application.
Note that you don’t need to be an Uber driver to sign up for these promotions so you can be a brand new driver before signing up for this offer. This is a great way to get started with Lyft and try it out for 30 Lyfts. If you don’t like it, simply quit after doing the required Lyfts and getting your Lyft signup bonus.
Terms of the Lyft Referral Bonus promotion:
The referred new Lyft driver must:
- Start their application to become a Lyft driver during the promotion.
- Input the referring driver’s Lyft referral code in the “Referral code” field when originally applying.
- Complete 30 rides within 30 days of being approved as a Lyft driver, unless stated otherwise in the chart above. No more than two rides with the same passenger will count toward the ride requirement.
- Lyft driver eligibility and approval is determined at the sole discretion of Lyft, and is not guaranteed.
- The duration of the review process may vary.
- Participation in this Lyft referral promotion is subject to Lyft’s Terms of Service.
- This promotion runs for a limited time only. Terms and Lyft referral bonus amounts (if any) are subject to change. This promotion cannot be combined with Weekly Guarantee Promotion or New Driver Promotion.
- The Lyft bonus amount (if any) is determined by the time and market of the referred new driver’s application. This can vary (for both applicant and referrer) by market. The amounts above reflect current Lyft bonus availability. This may have been different at the time of the Lyft referral and new Lyft driver application.
- If an applicant has an existing application, they are only eligible for the Lyft referral bonus associated with that original application. They are not eligible for any other Lyft referral bonus.
Once these requirements are met, the referred new driver will see the Lyft signup bonus 1-2 direct deposits after the ride requirement is met. The referring Lyft driver will see the Lyft signup bonus in their Lyft account 1-2 weeks after their referral’s ride requirement is met.
How Do I Sign Up For the Lyft Bonus?
To sign up, you can use my Lyft referral code here to sign up for Lyft!
[Note, I will also receive a similar Lyft bonus for you to sign up and complete the trips. If you prefer to help out a friend, you can ask anyone you know who is a Lyft driver to sign up with their code and you both can get the same Lyft signup bonus.]
What if I am already a Lyft driver?
Well do you know anyone who isn’t driving a Lyft driver yet? Refer them to drive on Lyft and you can earn the Lyft signup bonus! It is that easy. Also, you would know if your friend would still continue to drive on Lyft or not. Try to recruit people that would get the Lyft rides done but quit afterwards. This will help you get your Lyft signup bonus without increasing the driver pool. I have done this a few times myself and none of my personal referrals are still driving in Boston. We both got our Lyft signup bonus but they didn’t further dilute the driver pool.Have more questions about Uber or Lyft? Head on over to our Rideshare Driver Training Course! Driver Promotions