Lyft has been increasing the Lyft signup bonus in many cities. The Lyft referral bonus is highest at Boston, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Seattle and Washington DC at $800, with the Lyft bonus in San Diego at $660. The Lyft referral bonus is at $500 in Lexington, New Jersey Pittsburgh, and Salt Lake City, so check out the list of Lyft referral bonus below to see your city. Earlier this year, Lyft had a crazy Lyft signup bonus of $5000 in Los Angeles, but now the Lyft bonus is down to more reasonable $800.
Here is the list of the highest Lyft signup referral bonuses:
Cities with a $800 Lyft Signup Bonus:
- Los Angeles
- San Francisco
- Washington DC
Cities with $660 Lyft Signup Bonus:
- San Diego
Cities with a $500 Lyft Signup Bonus:
- New Jersey
- Salt Lake City
An average Lyft driver can complete about 2.5 trips an hour (including Lyft Line), so you can do a calculation in how many driving hours it may take you to finish the bonus. Click the link below to get your Lyft referral bonus today!
Uber Sign Up Bonus for new Uber Drivers is now $1025!
Update: The new driver Uber Sign Up bonus is as high as $1025 in San Francisco! You can see the post about the Uber sign up bonus here:
In addition, the typical Uber sign up bonus for new drivers are often very competitive compared to Lyft so always consider signing up for Uber after signing up for Lyft. The Uber sign up bonus also requires completing a set numbers of trips in their first 30 days, like the Lyft referral bonus. Make sure to only attempt to drive for one sign up bonus at one time. You may be trying to drive for the Lyft referral bonus but then not get enough trips for the Uber sign up bonus. The Uber sign up bonus typically pays out in the next statement after you complete the necessary Uber trips.
Is the Lyft Referral Bonus Possible?
I was working almost nonstop this time last year to get a different $1000 Lyft bonus after 50 trips and we only had a week to do it with snow on the ground. You can read more about it here: How I earned $1750 after 50 Lyfts in 21 Hours in 3 days. If I did 50 trips after working my full time job on two weeknights and a full weekday after flying back to Boston on a redeye, anyone can do the required number of rides on just weekends alone (3 weekend days for 50 trips, 6 days for 100 trips). I have to comment that I didn’t drive on any rideshare service for the next two weeks because I was still recovering, so I wouldn’t recommend this strategy long term.
If I can get 50 trips between Monday morning and Wednesday night with six feet of snow everywhere, you can definitely do 50 or 100 trips in 30 days. Realistically, that is only 3 trips a day and I used to do about 6 trips on weeknights in addition to working all night Friday and all night Saturday. However, 250 in a month (for two months) is quite a stretch more than this and I would guess many Lyft drivers who signup for it won’t make it, unless they are already driving full time as a taxi driver or as an Uber driver.
How do I Signup to be a Lyft Driver?
To signup for Lyft with a Lyft signup bonus, you can use my referral link here to signup for Lyft!
Here are the requirements for the Lyft bonus:
- Must be 21 and over
- Must have one year of driving history
- Must have a car 2004 or newer (some markets may have higher requirements due to local regulations)
Complete Lyft Signup Bonus List:
This list is of the current Lyft signup bonuses as of this posting and subject to change:
|Salt Lake City||500||125||30|
To sign up, you can use my referral link here to signup for Lyft!
*Lyft bonus amounts and ride requirements may vary in this region depending on the code used to start a driver application. Please Contact Us for details about your application.
Note that you don’t need to be an Uber driver to sign up for these promotions so you can be a brand new driver before signing up for this offer. This is a great way to get started with Lyft and try it out for 30 Lyfts. If you don’t like it, simply quit after doing the required Lyfts and getting your Lyft signup bonus.
Terms of the Lyft Bonus promotion:
The referred new Lyft driver must:
- Start their application to become a Lyft driver during the promotion.
- Input the referring driver’s referral code in the “Referral code” field when originally applying.
- Complete 30 rides within 30 days of being approved as a Lyft driver, unless stated otherwise in the chart above. No more than two rides with the same passenger will count toward the ride requirement.
- Lyft driver eligibility and approval is determined at the sole discretion of Lyft, and is not guaranteed.
- The duration of the review process may vary.
- Participation in this promotion is subject to Lyft’s Terms of Service.
- This promotion runs for a limited time only, and terms and Lyft bonus amounts (if any) are subject to change. Cannot be combined with Weekly Guarantee Promotion or New Driver Promotion.
- The Lyft bonus amount (if any) is determined by the time and market of the referred new driver’s application, and can vary (for both applicant and referrer) by market. The amounts above reflect current Lyft bonus availability and may have been different at the time of the referral and new driver application.
- If an applicant has an existing application, they are only eligible for the referral Lyft bonus, if any, associated with that original application, and they are not eligible for any other referral Lyft bonus.
- In Boston, Denver, New York City, Nashville, Philadelphia, and Washington, D.C. this promotion is limited to the first 1,000 applicants. In Chicago, this promotion is limited to the first 2,000 applicants. In Dallas, this promotion is limited to the first 500 applicants.
Once these requirements are met, the referred new driver will see the Lyft signup bonus 1-2 direct deposits after the ride requirement is met. The referring Lyft driver will see the Lyft signup bonus in their Lyft account 1-2 weeks after their referral’s ride requirement is met.
How Do I Sign Up For the Lyft Signup Bonus?
To sign up, you can use my referral link here to sign up for Lyft!
[Note, I will also receive a similar Lyft signup bonus for you to sign up and complete the trips. If you prefer to help out a friend, you can ask anyone you know who is a Lyft driver to sign up with their code and you both can get the same Lyft signup bonus.]
What if I am already a Lyft driver?
Well do you know anyone who isn’t driving a Lyft driver yet? Refer them to drive on Lyft with your own referral code and you and your friend can earn the Lyft signup bonus! It is that easy. Also, you would know if your friend would still continue to drive on Lyft or not so definitely pick people you know that would get the Lyft rides done but maybe quit afterwards so you can get your Lyft signup bonus and not risk increasing the driver pool. I have done this a few times myself and none of my personal referrals are still driving in Boston so we both got our Lyft signup bonus but didn’t further dilute the driver pool.Have more questions about Uber or Lyft? Head on over to our Rideshare Driver Training Course! Driver Promotions
- New Uber Drivers will get up to a $800 bonus after signing up: Sign up for Uber.
- New Lyft Drivers will get up to $800 if you sign up here using this link.