Postmates Courier Signup Bonus for August
I recently signed up for Postmates because of a variety of reasons:
- Diversify Income Stream
- I have a 4-door car but don’t have in-state plates yet
- I could use almost any car (2-door, 1996 and newer) to do deliveries
- I don’t always need to use my car for deliveries
- Try something new
Postmates and many other delivery services are much more lax in what kind of cars are allowed on the platform. If your car doesn’t qualify for Lyft or Uber, you most likely can do deliveries with it. You can use almost any car made after 1996 in driveable condition, but I have seen some very beat up cars delivering food for Postmates. Since it is a door-to-door delivery service, many customers will never see your car.
I also signed up for Postmates because I don’t even need a car or bike. In Seattle, there is a walker mode. The only other major market I have heard of Postmates allowing people to walk is New York but I am sure that they allow couriers in San Francisco to walk as well. It is handy for the days where my wife takes the car and I can still do a few lunch deliveries downtown. Also, the bike mode is very handy, which I will cover in another post. The hills are pretty mean here in Seattle and I don’t have the legs or the equipment for it. I run about 30 miles a week but biking uphill is so much worst than running uphill.
From about 20 deliveries I have done, I am averaging over $10 a delivery and when things are going right, I can make two deliveries an hour, so that is about $20 an hour. I earn about $5 a delivery from the base pay and then another $5 in tips, so tips is a huge part of my income, along with every other courier I have spoken to. I can make more driving on Lyft or Uber, but the peak times for deliveries are different from Lyft and Uber so you can do both and really maximize your earnings.
Postmates Signup Bonus
Below is a summary of the signup bonuses in a few key markets:
|City||Bonus||Trips in 2 weeks||Bonus||Trips in 30 days|
To get the bonus, you can use my link to sign up for Postmates:
Here are the complete details:
- Seattle: $30 for 30 completed deliveries in 30 days.
- Austin, Jersey City, and Raleigh: $50 for 10 completed deliveries in the first two weeks, if 40 more deliveries are completed within 30 days of being approved you will receive an additional $100.
- SF and East Bay: $50 each for 10 completed deliveries in the first two weeks, if 40 more deliveries are completed within 30 days of being approved you will receive an additional $250.
- Minneapolis: flat $150 referral bonus for completing 30 jobs.
Have more questions about Uber or Lyft? Head on over to our Rideshare Driver Training Course! Driver Promotions