How to Link Your Lyft Account to Shell Rewards
Lyft announced a slew of benefits two months ago for drivers and one of the generous benefit was that Lyft drivers will get a discount on gas at Shell gas stations depending on how much they drive. They initially made it seem as if the more you drive, the more of a discount you can get when getting gas at Shell. Earlier this week, they announced the details of this benefit:
The current promotion is for the discount to be active for the first 50 trips you give after linking your Shell Fuel Rewards Network card to your Lyft account within 30 days. Hopefully Lyft will expand this promotion so that you can keep earning these rewards every month.
Here is how you connect your Lyft account to your Shell Rewards card.
- Click here to sign up for Shell fuel rewards for free!
- Once you have signed up, sign into your Lyft dashboard to link your Fuel Rewards account, and Lyft will give you 25¢/gallon off of your next fill-up if you are a new Fuel Rewards member.
- Once you click the connect button, it will go to the Fuel Rewards page. On the bottom, it will give you an option to log in with the account you just signed up with in the above step. Log in to connect the Shell Account to your Lyft account.
- Within your first 50 rides* of linking your account, earn $1/gallon in Fuel Rewards savings every time you give five rides. Cumulative fuel savings will discontinue after 50 rides. New drivers can link their Fuel Rewards account prior to becoming an approved Lyft driver.
- Enter your member ID at the pump. You’ll receive your member ID in a confirmation email, but it will also be located here Every reward earned since your last fill-up will apply, up to 20 gallons.
|Rides Given||Cumulative Fuel Savings|
|5||$1/gallon, up to 20 gallons|
|10||$2/gallon, up to 20 gallons|
|15||$3/gallon, up to 20 gallons|
|20||$4/gallon, up to 20 gallons|
|25||$5/gallon, up to 20 gallons|
|30||$6/gallon, up to 20 gallons|
|35||$7/gallon, up to 20 gallons|
|40||$8/gallon, up to 20 gallons|
|45||$9/gallon, up to 20 gallons|
|50||$10/gallon, up to 20 gallons ($200 in value)|
*Offer available at participating Shell locations only. Rides given must be completed within first 30 days. Rewards are added to your account weekly for use on your next fill-up.
While this is a one time bonus, I would expect Lyft to update this promotion in a few months and hopefully give a small discount in the month you drive. Uber’s current promotion is 15 cents off a gallon of gas in the following month after 200 trips in the previous month. This amounts to about 20-30 hours of driving a week. 15 cents isn’t a whole lot but if you are driving full time, this could mean about $10-$20 discount on gas a month.Have more questions about Uber or Lyft? Head on over to our Rideshare Driver Training Course! Driver Promotions