Lyft Now Offering Up To $1000 New Driver Bonus!
Before I get your hopes up, the $1000 is only for Boston and it is after 100 trips in 30 days. You can see the promotion for the other cities below. Many cities still have a $750 or $500 sign up bonus.
The old promotion was $750 for 50 trips, which works out to $15 bonus a trip. The previous promotion before that was $500 for 30 trips, which was $16.67 bonus a trip. Now its only $10 a trip so its not such a good deal, but you get more money overall. My estimation that in Boston, it would take about 45-50 driving hours to hit the 100 trips. I worked my ass off a few months ago to get a different $1000 bonus after 50 trips and we only had a week to do it with snow on the ground. You can read more about it here: How I earned $1750 after 50 Lyfts in 21 Hours across 3 days. If I did 50 trips after working my full time job on two weeknights and a full day, anyone can do it on just weekends alone (6 weekend days). Its entirely possible but now it will take more time.
If I can get 50 trips between Monday morning and Wednesday night with six feet of snow everywhere, you can definitely do 100 trips in 30 days.
Here are the five US cities that still have a $750 signup bonus
- New York City (after 100 trips)
- Washington DC
Here are the list of cities with $500 bonus after 50 trips, unless otherwise noted:
- Chicago (after 30 trips)
- Las Vegas
- Portland, OR
- San Francisco (after 100 trips)
- Silicon Valley
To sign up for the above bonuses, you can use my referral link here: http://lyft.com/drivers/SIMON406.
Here are the list of changes from August 7th. The changes went live yesterday:
- Atlanta bonus dropped from $100 to $50
- Los Angeles bonus dropped from $250 to $100
- Miami bonus dropped from $250 to $100
- Nashville Bonus dropped from $500 to $350
- San Francisco bonus dropped from $500 to $250
- San Diego bonus dropped from $200 to $100
How to Earn another $500 from Uber
You can also sign up for Uber and get $500 bonus from them as well!
Here are the requirements:
- Be an active Lyft driver
- Have a car 2000 or newer (It may be different in some markets).
- Complete only 25 trips on Uber within 30 days of activation with Uber
- Be a noncommercial driver (such as uberX)
- Provide us the most recent pay statement confirming their Lyft experience
You can sign up for Uber and get $500 with this form. I would recommend you sign up for Lyft, get approved, and then sign up for Uber afterwards.
Complete Lyft Bonus List:
Below is the full table (cities not listed will get $50 after 30 Lyfts):
|New York City||$750||100|
Note that you don’t need to be an Uber driver to sign up for these promotions so you can be a brand new driver before signing up for this offer. This is a great way to get started with Lyft and try it out for 30 Lyfts. If you don’t like it, simply quit after doing the required Lyfts and getting your signup bonus. (Note, the higher $750 bonus requires 50 Lyfts but still worth it.)
Terms of the promotion:
The referring driver must:
- Be an existing Lyft driver in good standing at the time of referred applicant’s application and qualification.
- Share their driver referral code with their referrals. Ambassador codes do not apply.
The referred new driver must:
- Start their application to become a Lyft driver during the promotion.
- Input the referring driver’s referral code in the “Referral code” field when originally applying.
- Complete 30 rides within 30 days of being approved as a Lyft driver, unless stated otherwise in the chart above. No more than two rides with the same passenger will count toward the ride requirement.
- Become approved to be a Lyft driver within 30 days of starting their application.
- Lyft driver eligibility and approval is determined at the sole discretion of Lyft, and is not guaranteed.
- The duration of the review process may vary.
- Participation in this promotion is subject to Lyft’s Terms of Service.
- This promotion runs for a limited time only, and terms and bonus amounts (if any) are subject to change. Cannot be combined with Weekly Guarantee Promotion or New Driver Promotion.
- The bonus amount (if any) is determined by the time and market of the referred new driver’s application, and can vary (for both applicant and referrer) by market. The amounts above reflect current bonus availability and may have been different at the time of the referral and new driver application.
- In Boston, Denver, New York City, Nashville, Philadelphia, and Washington, D.C. this promotion is limited to the first 1,000 applicants. In Chicago, this promotion is limited to the first 2,000 applicants. In Dallas, this promotions is limited to the first 500 applicants.
- In Las Vegas, the 30 days to complete the ride requirement will begin at launch. Post-launch, the 30 days to complete the ride requirement will begin at approval.
Once these requirements are met, the referred new driver will see the bonus 1-2 direct deposits after the ride requirement is met. The referring passenger will see the credits in their Lyft account 1-2 weeks after their referral’s ride requirement is met.
How Do I Sign Up?
To sign up, you can use my referral link here: http://lyft.com/drivers/SIMON406.
[Note, I will also receive the bonus for you to sign up and complete the trips. If you prefer to help out a friend, you can ask anyone you know who is a Lyft driver to sign up with their code and you both can get the same bonus.]
What if I am already a driver?
Well do you know anyone who isn’t driving on Lyft yet? Refer them to drive on Lyft with your own referral code and you and your friend can earn the bonus! Its that easy. Also, you would know if your friend would still continue to drive on Lyft or not so definitely pick people you know that would get the Lyfts done but maybe quit afterwards so you can get your bonus and not risk increasing the driver pool. I have done this a few times myself and none of my personal referrals are still driving in Boston so we both got our bonus but didn’t further dilute the driver pool.Have more questions about Uber or Lyft? Head on over to our Rideshare Driver Training Course! Driver Promotions