How to Double your Lyft Signup Bonus
I wrote about this last year when Lyft and Uber were giving out very generous signup bonuses. My friend signed up at the right time and netted $1000 in just two weeks, $500 from Lyft and $500 from Uber. Lyft has brought back their generous signup bonuses so drivers in these cities can get up to $1250 by signing up for Lyft first and then waiting for Uber to update their $500 promotion for Lyft drivers:
- Sign up for Lyft. You can see on this page that in some cities, it is up to $750 after 50 Lyfts (as of June 8th, 2015). You can sign up using this link.
- If you sign up for Uber after 7/1/15, it doesn’t matter when you were a Lyft driver. You can sign up with Uber after you become a driver for Lyft and get the $500 bonus after 25 trips. (Updated on 7/14/15). If you signed up for Uber before 7/1/15, then the old date of 3/31 still applies to you.
Wait until Uber updates their $500 promotion for Lyft Drivers. The current promotion is $500 if you were a Lyft driver before 3/31/15. See this post for more information and how to sign up if you are one of these drivers. For those drivers who signed up after 3/31/15 for Lyft, just wait until they move the date up on this promotion. This has happened since 2013 so there is a very high likelihood that it will happen again. I am unsure when, however.
- The reason why you sign up for Lyft first is because of the generous signup bonus for Lyft for new drivers. Uber’s $500 promotion is for Lyft drivers so you would need to be a Lyft driver before signing up for Uber to get both bonuses.
- Just to note, if you are a Lyft driver, signing up for Uber is a lot easier as everyone knows that Lyft has a much higher standard for their drivers, so they’ll almost always accept a Lyft driver with a car that meets Uber requirements. The sign up time is much quicker if you are a Lyft driver.
I apologize for misleading you when I said double in the title. For those Lyft cities that are offering a $750 bonus, you’ll get $500 more so you’ll increase it by 2/3. For those in cities giving out $500, you will double your bonus. For those with less, you’ll get more percentage-wise.
What about Sidecar?
Also, keep in mind that Sidecar still has their $100 bonus after 10 rides. Remember that if you can do shared rides, each ride counts. So lets say I pick up and drop off two or three different groups of people at once, then it counts as 3 rides, not one. There is a possibility you can get the bonus only after 3 hours (assuming two rides an hour and two shared rides during those hours). In addition, deliveries count towards this bonus.
Now for existing drivers, this benefits you too. Remember you can get your friends, relatives, or anyone you know to sign up for these services. Tell them to sign up for Lyft first (up to $750 for both of you) and then Uber ($500 after being a Lyft driver). That is an easy $1000 for both of you! Be creative and you’ll earn at least a few hundred more this summer by doing this. Also, if you don’t want to dilute the driver pool, find a person who you know will quit after they get the bonus. The one personal friend I referred in the above story hasn’t driven since he got his $1000.Have more questions about Uber or Lyft? Head on over to our Rideshare Driver Training Course! Driver Promotions
- New Uber Drivers will get up to a $800 bonus after signing up: Sign up for Uber.
- New Lyft Drivers will get up to $800 if you sign up here using this link.