Uber Free Rides or Credits, Which Comes First?
For the long time Uber passengers who have amassed a few free rides or credits, some have a mixture of free rides or credits.
- In the past, passengers would get anywhere between $10 and $30 in Uber credits. When a new passenger signs up under your referral code, you will get Uber credits. You rides get deducted from the credits, so you can either take one $30 Uber Trip on a $30 credit, or two $15 Uber Trips on a $30 credit.
- Now, passengers will only get one free ride up to $30. If your ride was only $5, you will still use up your free ride. At this time, your next ride will be free, which means that if you take a $5 on your next ride, it’ll be free but have one less free ride. One way around it is to use your friends account if possible so you won’t have to use up your free ride.
Well, a few readers have chimed in on this issue and here is what happens:
- The free ride will get used first up to $30 (or whatever the free ride value is).
- If your current trip is above the free ride value, it will deduct the appropriate amount from your credits.
Also, your free rides and credits are only valid in the country you live in, so if you go abroad, you would not be able to use them. Hope this is informative!
If you are interested in a free Uber ride, you can see the links above for my free ride codes.Have more questions about Uber or Lyft? Head on over to our Rideshare Driver Training Course! Driver Promotions
- New Uber Drivers will get up to a $800 bonus after signing up: Sign up for Uber.
- New Lyft Drivers will get up to $800 if you sign up here using this link.