Earn $500 Bonus and $10,000 a month on Lyft in NYC
Lyft officially launched their services two Fridays ago at 7pm in New York City. Due to their agreement with the NY Taxi and Limousine Commission, Lyft in Rochester and Buffalo (all of NY’s other Lyft cities) are due to shut down on 8/1 until Lyft can work out an agreement with the NY TLC commission.
Lyft is currently offering $500 for drivers to start on Lyft who has livery plates and insurance and these other bonuses:
- Guaranteed minimum salary of $5,000 in the first month if you drive for 40hrs per week
- Guaranteed minimum salary of $10,000 in the first month if you drive for over 60hrs per week
- Driver keeps 100% of commissions for the first 2 months (Driver keeps 80% after the 2 months)
- Driver always keep 100% of Prime Time tips (Surge Pricing)
To sign up, use the referral code above to get your $500 bonus just for signing up!
These perks are clearly aimed at getting UberX drivers in NYC to switch over to Lyft. There are also a ton of TLC licensed cabs in Brooklyn so they may be able to pick up a lot of drivers with this current promotion.
Here is how to get started in NYC:
Any rideshare service in NYC needs to have livery plates and insurance. There are a few other permits to get as well.
If you do not have livery plates and insurance and have NY plates:
- Lyft in NYC are recommending drivers start driving in NJ with their personal cars until Lyft can work out an agreement for all drivers without TLC plates/insurance. The referral bonus is only $100 for drivers who start in NJ.
If you are still interested in getting TLC plates and livery insurance, here is the procedure:
- Fill out the application (TLC Driver License Application – NYC.gov)
- For NJ, PA, CT drivers – get your Certified Abstract (State Driver Record) at the DMV. It must be stamped or sealed and can not be dated more than thirty (30) days from the date you submit your application to the TLC.
- Go to TLC office on Long Island: You will get fingerprinted in the office
- There is another office in Staten Island, but the wait at the Long Island office may be shorter.
- Take drug test which is close to TLC building.
- You will pay around $200 for the above requirements.
- The wait is about 3 months for your TLC license
- If you need to wait for your TLC license, Lyft recommends starting to drive in NJ to earn extra income in the meantime.
- After you get TLC license Lyft will provide the letter which you take with to TLC appointment
- Use the referral code above to sign up to get your $500 bonus before getting your Lyft letter.
- During this visit you will get your plates, car inspected, and your diamond sticker
- You have to put down around $2000 for commercial insurance and pay 400-600$ a month on the top, depending on the car. Be ready to provide a copy of the title.
- New Uber Drivers will get up to a $800 bonus after signing up: Sign up for Uber.
- New Lyft Drivers will get up to $800 if you sign up here using this link.