Uber Payments Late This Week
Usually Uber pays out your weekly payment on Thursday afternoon. However, for the past two weeks (not including this disrupted week), I have received it on Friday.
Usually Uber’s paid date is Thursday every week for as long as I have been a partner. This was the one thing they always did and many partners depended on it. I have heard of some issues with Lyft not issuing payments on time but this is usually with new drivers and the way they set up their direct deposits.
However, so far this month my personal payments paid date was on Friday since the first week of July. One week, the payment came in at 11pm Friday. It didn’t really bother me as Uber income supplements my full time job. It wasn’t until this week that I noticed that payment delayed until Friday is not a common thing, and that many drivers have gotten them on Thursday up until this week.
This week, many drivers now have noted that they did not get paid on Thursday at all. Here is how this unfolded:
- I heard it on both Facebook and some private messages that Uber didn’t pay out. This is when I realized that getting paid on Friday was not the new normal
- I saw an email from another driver. She had emailed into Uber and she got a reply acknowledging that payments were late this week.
- Uber drivers received a text message confirming payments were late due to their third party payment provider Rasier (why are they even using a third party system anyway?)
- I got an email confirming the paid date problem and that we should get paid by 5pm EDT. I received the email around 2pm.
- Come 5pm, many of us drivers still have not received the payment. Many of us are looking for some compensation at this point.
- I finally get another email at midnight confirming that payments to many drivers still have not gone out.
This is a serious issue. Some drivers depend on this weekly income to pay bills and support their family. For some, this is their livelihood. With Uber’s email, at least they understand that and got ahead of the problem before many of the drivers got angry at the situation.
I will update this blog post once I know more. I have received a few emails and text messages from Uber but from past incidents and emails, I know for a fact that not everyone gets emails/texts from Uber. Hopefully I wasn’t the only one who got the emails and text.
[Update: I received this weeks payment around 7am Friday EDT. I am hoping many other drivers are seeing the same thing.]
Leave a comment below if you’re frustrated with the late payments and how this delay has impacted your week.Have more questions about Uber or Lyft? Head on over to our Rideshare Driver Training Course! Driver Promotions