How to Maximize Sign-up Bonus on Lyft Uber Sidecar[This post has been updated as of 11/12/2014 for the month of November. Bonus amounts on this page subject to change without notice.]
This post will show you how to maximize all of the sign-up referral bonus on Lyft, Uber and Sidecar.
The key is to signup for Sidecar first.
Here is the order and what you need to do to get all three:
- Sign up for Sidecar first. Give 10 rides and get $100 using the promotion code in the menu.
- Sign up for Lyft. They are no longer giving out a signup bonus for existing rideshare drivers, but you may qualify for a signup bonus depending on your market. Email [email protected] to confirm your signup bonus.
- Sign up for Uber. Their referral promotion is only for Lyft Drivers (drivers on Lyft before September) and get up to $500 after giving 20 trips in 30 days.
- Here are issues that some drivers may experience:
- Sidecar is only in 8 cities as of July 5th, 2014. However, approval can be within a few days.
- Lyft has high requirements for the driver’s driving record. Having too many moving violations on your record may not allow you to drive on Lyft.
- Uber referral bonus is paid out if you give out 20 trips in 30 days but you need to be a Lyft Driver before September. I believe they update this promotion quarterly so if you signed up for Lyft after August, you may need to wait until January to sign up for Uber to get the $500 signup bonus.
If Sidecar is not available to you:
- Sign up for Uber. They seem to have a higher signup bonus for new drivers as compared to Lyft, which can range from $50-$250. Email your local uber office to confirm the signup bonus as offer varies widely between markets.
- Sign up for Lyft. Unfortunately, they ended their promotion for Uber Drivers so you will need to wait until they release another promotion to sign up for Lyft.
- The reason why you sign up for Uber first is because there may be no referral bonus for Lyft. Email [email protected] to confirm your signup bonus in your market.
- Just to note, if you are a Lyft driver, signing up for Uber is a lot easier as everyone knows that Lyft has a much higher standard for their drivers, so they’ll almost always accept a Lyft driver with a car that meets Uber requirements. The sign up time is much quicker if you are a Lyft driver.