Why I Hate the New Uber Driver Dashboard
First it was the fare reductions and now this? Why does Uber always have to mess up a good thing?
The change to the new Uber Driver dashboard today removes a lot of useful features, as you can see in my original post a few months ago. The new interface looks great but they put form over function. Here are the things I spotted that are missing from the new Uber Driver dashboard:
- The average rating has been moved to the top right hand corner. This will show the same rating passengers will see, which is your past 500 trips.
- You can no longer filter by 1, 7, 30, 365 days anymore. This was a great feature to try to capture recent rating history and how much you earned for the week. This feature was immensely useful and the one I used all the time.
- The two contracts (Raiser software sublicense, and addendum for BYOD) many drivers had to agree to are now posted under profile.
- They change the way you view your documents, so its not as easy to glance at the screen to see what the issue was. On top of the car you will see a summary of what is wrong though.
- Uber added a feature where you can preview your payment statement during the current week. That is pretty nice and somewhat replaces the original dashboard where you can sort by date. It should also capture any passenger referrals you may have for the week before your weekly statement.
Driver Referral Link
- They added the link onto the bottom of the left sidebar. It was wasting a lot of space on top of the dashboard but now it seems to be in a better place. I rarely used it myself. They also show your driver promo code right there, in case you needed to give it out.
Anything changes I may have missed? Comment below or leave a comment on my Facebook Page!
Have more questions about Uber or Lyft? Head on over to our Rideshare Driver Training Course! Driver Promotions